1. According to the school, the teacher has admitted to the abuse, saying: “I wanted to shake him up, but I went about it the wrong way.”
“Don’t joke around, kid! Do you understand? You’re stupid,” the teacher is heard yelling in the video as he repeatedly slaps the student’s face, according to Agence France-Presse.
The assistant principal of Hamamatsu Nittai Senior High School told the AFP the teacher had also beaten another student on the same day.
- White House Press Secretary, Sean Spicer, repeated claims that the inauguration was the most watched ever. But the numbers (still) don't make sense.
- President Trump signed an executive order that bans foreign organizations that receive US funding from providing abortions.
- Democratic lawmakers say Trump's new hotel in Washington, DC, has lost over $1 million and violates its lease with the government.
- You could be consuming fake news on Snapchat Discover. The app is now making publishers fact-check their content 👻