2. From the South China Morning Post:
US whistle-blower Edward Snowden has left Hong Kong and is due to arrive in Moscow by this evening, the South China Morning Post can confirm.
The former National Security Agency (NSA) contractor, who was last known to be hiding in Hong Kong, took off from the city’s airport at 10.55am on Sunday morning and was en route to Moscow’s Shermetyevo International Airport. He is scheduled to arrive at 5.15pm.
The Post was able to confirm that Snowden had been on an Aeroflot SU213 flight and headed to Moscow.
Beijing Correspondent of the Daily Telegraph:
Hong Kong government has confirmed Snowden left this morning
HK statement says the US request to HK for Snowden’s arrest did not fully comply with extradition treaty.
Statement says HK requested further information from US. Allowing Snowden a window to leave…
HK also says it has sent a formal letter to the US to ask it to fully explain its hacking activities in HK.
Update: Sunday, June 23, 2013 - 4:26 a.m. ET:
Update: Sunday, June 23, 2013 - 5:28 a.m. ET:
11. WikiLeaks claims to have assisted Snowden in his departure from Hong Kong:
FLASH: WikiLeaks has assisted Mr. Snowden’s political asylum in a democratic country, travel papers ans safe exit from Hong Kong. More soon.
FLASH: Mr. Snowden is currently over Russian airspace accompanied by WikiLeaks legal advisors.
13. Russian President Putin’s spokesman:
Nikolaus von Twickel
“Russian President Vladimir Putinâ€™s spokesman, Dmitry Peskov, said on Sunday that he was unaware of Snowden’s location or plans,” (Reuters)
- Kim Jong Nam, the half-brother of North Korea's leader, was killed with a chemical weapon last week at an airport in Malaysia.
- Caitlyn Jenner told President Trump his administration's rollback of protections for transgender kids was a "disaster" 😳
- Uber's CEO met with more than 100 female engineers on Thursday to discuss sexism and harassment allegations at the company.
- Beyoncé is backing out of Coachella under doctors' advice. But she plans to headline the festival again in 2018 😭🐝