“We’ve come a long way and with that progress comes price. Where we’re a lot more vigilant … And a lot less tolerant of different views. And it’s not necessarily easy for everybody to adapt or to adapt and evolve; we’re all prejudiced in one way or another.”
2. However, it was this quote from Cuban’s interview with Inc. that required the NBA owner to take to Twitter to apologize and clarify his statements:
The Full Quote: “If I see a black kid in a hoodie and it’s late at night, I’m walking to the other side of the street.
And if on that side of the street, there’s a guy that has tattoos all over his face, white guy, bald head, tattoos everywhere — I’m walking back to the other side of the street.
And the list goes on of, of stereotypes that we all live up to and, and are fearful of.”
3. Cuban later apologized and attempted to clarify his remarks on Twitter:
According to the Associated Press, Chris Bosh of the Miami Heat cringed when shown the Cuban interview and said, “It’s just a sensitive time.”
Cuban’s comments come as the NBA is attempting to navigate through the Donald Sterling saga where the league charges that Sterling’s “actions and positions significantly undermine the NBA’s efforts to promote diversity and inclusion.”
BuzzFeed has reached out for comment from the NBA and will update this post if one is received.
- White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer repeated claims that the inauguration was the most watched ever. But the numbers (still) don't make sense.
- Britain's Supreme Court has ruled that Prime Minister Theresa May needs to consult parliament before triggering Brexit.
- People are backing one of the Women's March organizers after conservative blogs claimed she has deep ties to terrorism.
- "The Great Liberation Of France" is a private chat room that Trump Supporters are using to manipulate French voters 💬👀