BELGRADE, Serbia (AP) — A 60-year old man gunned down 13 people, including six women and a child, as he went on a shooting spree from house to house in a quiet village near Belgrade on Tuesday before trying to kill himself and his wife, police and hospital official said.
Belgrade emergency hospital spokeswoman Nada Macura said the 60-year-old man identified only as Ljubisa B. used a handgun in the rampage.
Villagers told Serbian reporters he first killed his son before leaving the house and shooting his neighbors, some of whom were still asleep.
Updated: Tuesday, April 9, 2013 - 3:41 a.m. ET:
4. Relatives And Neighbours Killed In Serbian Village
Twelve people died at the scene and one in hospital. The gunman shot himself and his wife but it was not clear what their condition was.
“They were killed in five houses, mainly relatives and neighbors,” Milorad Veljovic, the head of the Serbian Interior Ministry’s emergencies department, told Radio B92. “We don’t know the motive.”
- Immigrants are worried two government memos are laying the groundwork for the deportation force Trump promised on the campaign trail.
- A US federal judge ruled that Texas can't cut Planned Parenthood out of its Medicaid program.
- The UK Supreme Court ruled that it's legal for the government to keep couples apart because of their income.
- A 2-year-old boy lost a race at school after he spotted his dad and ran to hug him instead of crossing the finish line 👦💨💞