1. This is Mark Zuckerberg, the creator of Facebook.
2. On Sunday evening, Zuckerberg posted the following Facebook post, which details new types of technology he is hoping to master within the next year as a personal challenge:
“At Facebook I spend a lot of time working with engineers to build new things. Some of the most rewarding work involves getting deep into the details of technical projects… But it’s a different kind of rewarding to build things yourself, so this year my personal challenge is to do that,” Zuckerberg wrote.
3. Thousands of commenters weighed in on the status update, but one of them stood out: a grandmother’s response.
The comment reads: “I keep telling my granddaughters to date the nerd in school, he may turn out to be a Mark Zuckerberg! Thanks for FB, I’ve reconnected with family and old friend and classmates.”
4. And Zuckerberg had a fantastic rebuttal to the user’s comment.
“Even better would be to encourage them to *be* the nerd in their school so they can be the next successful inventor!”
- Donald Trump has often claimed to be "the largest real estate developer in New York," but he isn't.
- Stanford has banned hard liquor at on-campus undergraduate student parties in wake of the Brock Turner scandal.
- Facebook says it mistakenly suspended 2 libertarian groups. It's the network's latest case of suddenly removing content.