1. UPDATED — April 2, 12:12 p.m. ET:
2. Shots were reportedly fired near a campus building known as Bowman Hall on Wednesday around 9 p.m. local time.
3. The shooting suspect was apprehended later Tuesday night off campus.
4. Kent University Assistant Director of New Media Communications tweeted the following report of a shot fired near Bowman Hall. Everyone on campus was told to “shelter in place” after the shots were fired.
5. The shots were fired into the ground, Mansfield said. No injuries were reported.
6. Someone who appeared to be on lockdown at the school posted a Vine of the scene:
7. Others tweeted about shots being fired on campus:
8. Officials said the shooting suspect was a black male wearing basketball shorts and carrying a silver handgun.
9. Campus sirens sounded:
10. Police with weapons drawn were reportedly searching the business administration building on the west side of campus:
- The Trump administration wants to send immigrants caught at the southern US border to Mexico even if they're not from the country.
- Several states will keep enforcing bans against transgender discrimination in schools after Trump withdrew guidelines protecting students.
- Police arrested at least 10 people on Wednesday as they began clearing out protester camps at the Dakota Access Pipeline site.
- And people with disabilities are having their photos stolen and Facebook isn't helping them.