1. UPDATED — April 2, 12:12 p.m. ET:
2. Shots were reportedly fired near a campus building known as Bowman Hall on Wednesday around 9 p.m. local time.
3. The shooting suspect was apprehended later Tuesday night off campus.
4. Kent University Assistant Director of New Media Communications tweeted the following report of a shot fired near Bowman Hall. Everyone on campus was told to “shelter in place” after the shots were fired.
5. The shots were fired into the ground, Mansfield said. No injuries were reported.
6. Someone who appeared to be on lockdown at the school posted a Vine of the scene:
7. Others tweeted about shots being fired on campus:
8. Officials said the shooting suspect was a black male wearing basketball shorts and carrying a silver handgun.
9. Campus sirens sounded:
10. Police with weapons drawn were reportedly searching the business administration building on the west side of campus:
- Donald Trump slammed the CIA after reports that the agency believes Russia used hacks to try to help him win.
- Rudy Giuliani is no longer being considered for a position in the Trump administration. Trump says the former NYC mayor withdrew his name.
- Fire investigators have ruled out a refrigerator as the cause of a warehouse fire that killed 36 people in Oakland, California.
- The world's oldest known breeding seabird just laid another egg. Her name is Wisdom and she's 66 🐦