1. UPDATED — April 2, 12:12 p.m. ET:
2. Shots were reportedly fired near a campus building known as Bowman Hall on Wednesday around 9 p.m. local time.
3. The shooting suspect was apprehended later Tuesday night off campus.
4. Kent University Assistant Director of New Media Communications tweeted the following report of a shot fired near Bowman Hall. Everyone on campus was told to “shelter in place” after the shots were fired.
5. The shots were fired into the ground, Mansfield said. No injuries were reported.
6. Someone who appeared to be on lockdown at the school posted a Vine of the scene:
7. Others tweeted about shots being fired on campus:
8. Officials said the shooting suspect was a black male wearing basketball shorts and carrying a silver handgun.
9. Campus sirens sounded:
10. Police with weapons drawn were reportedly searching the business administration building on the west side of campus:
- BuzzFeed News has identified the 4th member of an ISIS cell that beheaded 27 hostages. His mother tells the family's story.
- Donald Trump has repeatedly panned the 2011 U.S. action in Libya. But that year, he blasted Obama for not targeting Qaddafi sooner.
- A Baltimore officer was found not guilty of charges stemming from Freddie Gray's death in police custody last year.