John Hwang, who photographed Oliver, told BuzzFeed News that he heard about the dog after a friend described rescuing him from a busy highway.
His friend told him that the dog had been taken to California’s Baldwin Park Animal Shelter, and Hwang, who is an occupational therapist and photographs rescue animals as a hobby, went to meet the pup on Jan. 11.
“I would give him some treats,” Hwang said. “Let him smell my camera.”
He said Oliver wasn’t that interested in the treats and described him as restless. “He kept pacing back and forth as if he’s looking for a way to get out of the kennel.”
Hwang said he posted the photos later that day and the response has been “unreal.”
“People really fell in love with this dog,” he said, adding that people from all over the world have messaged him about adopting the dog.
8. The good news is that Oliver has now been taken in by the group Doggy Smiles Rescue!
Oliver is being treated for a kennel cough, but will then be put up for adoption. California residents should contact Doggy Smiles Rescue for more information.
- "Moonlight" won Best Picture at the Oscars, but they accidentally gave it to "La La Land" first 😳
- Philip Bilden, the businessman nominated by President Trump to be secretary of the Navy, has withdrawn himself from consideration.
- Actor Bill Paxton has died at 61. He starred in classics including "Twister" and "Titanic."
- The Nokia brick phone is making a comeback — it's been reimagined with a colored screen, but the game Snake hasn't gone anywhere 🐍📲