1. Updated — April 2, 11:35 p.m. ET:
2. A 7.6-magnitude aftershock struck Chile’s northern coast late Wednesday, the day after a powerful 8.2-magnitude earthquake shook the area.
Chile’s northern coast was ordered evacuated following the tsunami warning and the country’s president, Michelle Bachelet, was evacuated from the coastal city of Arica, where she was touring damage from Tuesday’s quake, local media reported.
5. Video uploaded to YouTube purported to show the large aftershock in Arica, Chile.
7. Following the earthquake, six people were reported dead.
Bachelet declared a state of emergency and sent a military plane with 100 anti-riot police to join 300 soldiers in the region to prevent looting and round up escaped prisoners.
8. This video from Chile appears to show shaking during Tuesday night’s 8.2-magnitude earthquake.
9. A view of the city of Iquique after the earthquake struck:
10. Locals gather Tuesday night on the street following a tsunami alert in Antofagasta, Chile.
11. Firefighters try to extinguish a fire at a restaurant in Iquique, Chile, after the 8.2 earthquake hit.
12. The fire burns at a restaurant in Iquique:
13. In this YouTube video, warning sirens can be heard in the background as people look at the water.
14. Tsunami warnings can be heard over a loud speaker in Antofagasta, Chile, on Tuesday night.
15. Instagram video from Arica, Chile:
16. Residents in coastal areas were asked to evacuate on Tuesday night following a tsunami warning.
17. The evacuations taking place in Chile:
19. This video posted to YouTube appears to show people evacuating following the earthquake near Arica, Chile.
20. Tuesday night, Chileans gather in the streets outside their homes after a Tsunami alarm at Talcahuano city:
21. Local residents take refuge at the city stadium in Chile following the tsunami warning on Tuesday night.
22. Residents take their belongings to higher ground after a Tsunami alarm is heard in Talcahuano city:
23. People embrace on the upper floor of an apartment building located a few blocks from the coast, after gathering to avoid a possible tsunami on Tuesday night.
- Former prime minister Tony Blair says there are elements of the Brexit debate "happening the world over."
- Uber documents provided to BuzzFeed News suggest that price cuts don't always raise driver wages 🚗💸
- U.S Department of Defense is expected to end its ban on transgender military service in July.