1. Video released by the Pentagon shows an airdrop on Aug. 9 with humanitarian aid, mostly food and water.
“This airdrop was conducted from multiple airbases within the U.S. Central Command area of responsibility,” the military said in a statement released along with the videos. “[It] included one C-17 and two C-130 cargo aircraft that together dropped a total of 72 bundles of supplies.”
5. Another video released by the U.S. military appears to show intended recipients of the airdropped containers.
6. The Pentagon released video Friday that showed another airdrop performed on Aug. 7, according to the U.S. Military. Other footage posted to the same YouTube account apparently shows U.S. air strikes carried out on Friday.
- An airplane carrying Republican VP candidate Mike Pence skidded off the runway at New York City's LaGuardia airport. No one was injured.
- A federal jury cleared the leaders of an Oregon standoff. The militia group took over a wildlife refuge last January.
- A Trump official says the campaign has "three major voter suppression operations underway."
- RIP — Vine says it's discontinuing its mobile app, effectively ending the 6-second video service 💀