1. Never-before-seen home video released Tuesday from Inside Edition shows the 2008 reunion of then-candidate Obama and his half-brother Mark Obama Ndesandjo.
Mark Obama Ndesandjo is the president’s younger half-brother. The two share the same father, Barack Obama Sr., who married Ruth, a Jewish school teacher from Massachusetts after they met at Harvard in 1964. Barack Obama Sr. divorced Ann Dunham only a few months earlier, when the future president was two years old.
Ndesandjo has released an autobiography, Cultures: My Odyssey of Self-Discovery, which tells his story of growing up in Kenya with Barack Obama Sr., who he says was an abusive alcoholic.
His mom eventually left Barack Obama Sr. and later remarried, which is where Ndesandjo gets his last name.
Ndesandjo went to Brown University, got a Masters from Stanford, and an MBA from Emory University.
In 2002, he moved to Shenzhen, China, and got married. He flew from China, when he came to visit his brother in 2008.
When Obama became president, his half-brother visited him again in the White House in 2009. The two met again that year in China.
Ndesandjo is one of the president’s seven half-siblings, born to the same father. The president also has a half-sister with whom he was raised, Maya Soetoro-Ng, the daughter of his mother and her second husband.
- Caitlyn Jenner told President Trump his administration's rollback of protections for transgender kids was a "disaster" 😳
- A Kansas man shot three people after allegedly yelling "get out of my country." He believed two of the victims were Middle Eastern, however they were not.
- The substance used to assassinate the half-brother of North Korea's leader has been identified as VX nerve agent, a chemical listed as a weapon of mass destruction.
- Former Rep. Gabrielle Giffords told Congress to "face your constituents," after a congressman used her 2011 shooting as justification for not holding a town hall.