2. Updated — Dec. 17, 11:50 p.m. ET:
A man with a gun fired multiple shots Tuesday afternoon in the Renown Regional Medical Center in Reno, Nevada, killing one person and wounding two others, before committing suicide.
The shooter opened fire after going to the neurology office of Nevada Advanced Medicine on the third floor of the medical center, the Reno police said. The shooter’s body was also found on the third floor.
Police said a call came in around 2:05 p.m. and officers arrived at the medical center within five minutes, KTVN reported.
Investigators are still seeking more information on the motive behind the shooting.
The two victims who were injured are being treated at Renown Regional Medical Center. One of the victims is a female doctor.
This is a developing story, please check back for more information.
4. The medical center was on lockdown after the deadly shooting.
Police: Two deceased in building including shooter, two injured. Shooting happened in building. #Renown on lockdown.
5. More than three dozen police cars, surrounded the medical complex and closed off a three-block area near downtown Reno.
6. After the hospital was completely searched, it resumed normal operations.
We have returned to normal business operations. However, everyone is encouraged to avoid the NE corner of the hospital campus. #Renown
7. The Governor of Nevada tweeted about the incident:
Kathleen & I send our thoughts and prayers to those affected by today’s tragedy @renownhealth. My staff and I are monitoring the situation.
8. Senator Harry Reid, who represents the state of Nevada, tweeted that he was “saddened.”
Senator Harry Reid
Saddened by tragic shooting at Reno’s Renown Regional Medical Center. My heart goes out to the victims and their families.
9. Senator Dean Heller, who also represents Nevada, tweeted that he too was “monitoring the situation.”
My staff and I are monitoring the situation at @renownhealth. Our thoughts and prayers are with everyone affected.