2. Priscilla Motola, the owner of My Petting Zoo, said she was surprised when Butterfly was born because she didn’t even know the mother sheep was pregnant.
“We don’t have a male [sheep] that could get her pregnant right now,” she said to Arizona’s 12 News. But they do have a pygmy goat named Michael, who apparently had a thing for a certain sheep.
6. In April, the only goat-sheep hybrid in Northern Ireland was born on a farm that had been raising ewes for generations, but had never reported a geep before.
The Irish farmer who had discovered he had a geep, said the animal was much faster than all the sheep his age, BBC reported.
A few geeps have also been born to goat mothers and sheep fathers, such as a geep born around 1994 in Botswana. This geep was white with a coarse outer coat, but an inner coat that was wooly.
A goat-sheep hybrid is not to be confused with a goat-sheep chimera, which is made when the embryos of a goat and sheep are mixed. The resulting animal has cells from goats and sheep and the first such creature was created by researchers in England in 1984.
7. Here Butterfly follows her mom around the petting zoo while making some adorable noises:
8. Butterfly getting her second interview with Mia Garcia from Fox 10 News, while her mama wonders what all the fuss is about.
- Two weeks until Nov 8, there is no shortage of election forecasts. BuzzFeed's data reporters break down what the numbers really mean.
- Confused refugees question what's next as French authorities begin to clear out the Calais "Jungle" camp.
- Obamacare premiums will jump an average 25% in 2017, but federal officials say subsidies will keep costs low for most people.
- The first Gilmore Girls trailer is finally here and it looks like Luke and Lorelai are together 💛☕️