1. The bill feels different.
For the first time, the engraving process includes the effect of “raised printing,” giving the bill a distinct texture around Benjamin Franklin’s shoulder on the left side of the note. “It should feel rough to the touch, a result of the enhanced intaglio printing process used to create the image,” explains newmoney.gov, a website affiliated with the Federal Reserve Board, U.S. Secret Service, and the Treasury Department.
2. A new 3D blue security ribbon is set next to Franklin’s head.
Tilt the note back and forth while focusing on the blue ribbon, and you will see the bells change to 100s. To make fakes more difficult, the blue ribbon is woven into the bill — not printed on it. Also, the background color of the new $100 note is pale blue, but the color can be counterfeited so it won’t be used to determine if the bill is real.
6. An embedded thread reads “USA” and “100” in an alternating pattern, and also glows pink.
An embedded thread running vertically in the left of the bill becomes visible when it is held to the light. The thread is imprinted with the letters “USA” and “100” in an alternating pattern and is visible from both sides of the note. The thread also glows pink when illuminated by ultraviolet light.
8. And a large gold 100 is featured on the back.
A large gold 100 on the back of the note helps those with visual impairments distinguish the denomination, says newmoney.gov.
10. New $100 notes printed in Fort Worth will have a small “F.W.” in the top left corner of the bill’s face, just to the right of the numeral 100.
The redesigned $100 notes are printed in two locations: Washington, D.C., and Fort Worth, Texas. New $100 notes printed in Fort Worth, will have a small F.W. in the top left corner on the front of the note to the right of the numeral 100. If the note does not have an F.W. indicator, then it was printed in Washington, D.C.
- Confused refugees question what's next as French authorities begin to clear out the Calais "Jungle" camp.
- The UK government has backed a third runway at London's Heathrow Airport, saying it'll benefit the the country's economy ✈️
- The first Gilmore Girls trailer is finally here and it looks like Luke and Lorelai are together :yellow_heart: :coffee: