2. People were quick to point out that Ghana, while part of the African continent, is not home to giraffes.
9. Delta’s first attempt to apologize was quickly deleted, because it included an ill-timed typo:
10. It was followed up with a typo-free apology tweet:
“We’re sorry for the picture previously tweeted,” Delta spokesperson Kate Modolo told BuzzFeed. “It was made in the spirit of the game and in the spirit of the World Cup. We wish the best of luck to all teams.”
- Saturday is Trump's 100th day in office. We found an average of about one false statement per day from him and his aides so far 💯
- A luxury event called Fyre Festival turned into a total shitshow. Headliners dropped out and guests tweeted photos of bare-bones food and lodging 😱
- American Airlines gave workers a raise — to the highest pay in the industry — and Wall Street is furious. The company's stock has been falling since Thursday.
- A teen had a remarkably petty response when her ex asked for his prom money back: She paid him in all pennies 😏