1. Mark Bober, an Apple employee, tweeted this picture with Tim Cook at the San Francisco Pride Festival.
The 44th Annual San Francisco Pride Parade comes just two days after a CNBC host, Simon Hobbs, accidentally outed Tim Cook — who is widely reported to be gay, but has not formally come out — during a panel discussion.
Cook has yet to speak directly about his sexual orientation, but he has consistently spoken about LGBT rights as a human rights issue.
3. Thousands of Apple employees attended the parade and wore the specially designed Apple Pride shirts.
4. Company employees also handed out iTunes gift cards to those attending the parade.
5. Tim Cook greeted employees and their families early in the morning, but did not march in the parade himself, Reuters reported.
6. Many Apple employees posted their selfies with Cook from the Pride Festival:
- Some of Donald Trump's diehard supporters say they have mixed feelings about watching — much less paying for — Trump TV.
- As a bitter civil war in Yemen shows no signs of stopping, nearly 14 million people are struggling to feed themselves every day.
- The Obama administration delayed trans workers' protections for years after a landmark civil rights decision 🔎🌈
- Facebook keeps promoting fake news. Experts say its trending algorithm can't stop it — and it could get worse ❌📰