3. The Swedish translation of the book was just released yesterday and according to the Swedish Women’s Lobby, every single 16-year-old in the country will receive a copy.
4. “When I was 16 I don’t think I knew what the word ‘feminist’ meant. I don’t think I knew the word at all. But I was a feminist,” Adichie said in a video she made for the high schoolers.
5. “And I hope that the 16-year-olds that will read this book in Sweden will also decide that they’re feminists.”
6. Clara Berglund, the chair of the Swedish Women’s Lobby, said she’s excited for the high schoolers to read We Should All Be Feminists:
“This is the book I would have wanted to get for all the guys in my class when I was 16 years old. That is why it is so important that we contribute to this project. It is a gift to all students in grades two, but also a gift to ourselves and to future generations.”
- Trump may have initially blamed Democrats for Friday's failed health care bill but it took only 2 days for him to start blaming Republicans, too.
- The Trump administration is silent hours after Russia arrested hundreds of people protesting corruption under Putin.
- United Airlines stopped 3 girls from flying because they were wearing leggings, and said the rule only applies to travelers on "company benefit travel."
- 'Orange Is The New Black' actor Samira Wiley and writer Lauren Morelli officially tied the knot in Palm Springs 🌴