1. English musician Tinie Tempah recently traveled to his parents’ home country of Nigeria.
2. While he was in Nigeria, he participated in a photoshoot with Nigerian photographer and singer/songwriter Ty Bello.
3. During the shoot, a local bread seller walked into the shot.
5. Bello updated her Instagram followers, writing that she was instructed by local followers to leave a message with people in the area where they first spotted the woman.
6. Last Thursday, Bello shared a video of the woman to her Instagram. Turns out her name is Olajumoke Orisaguna and she and Bello plan to work together.
7. Bello ended up photographing Orisaguna, 27, for the Nigerian publication This Day Style. Orisaguna appeared alongside her 14-month-old daughter, Grace.
8. In the magazine, and on her Instagram account, Bello shared Orisaguna’s incredible story.
A hair stylist from Ire in Osun state but not making enough profit between she and her husband, a sliding door installer in from same village, to care for their two young children.
At the invitation of a distant relative who knew someone operating a bakery, she relocated to Lagos with her 14-month-old daughter to give bread hawking a try, leaving her husband and older 5-year-old behind.
As I listened to her, I wondered if the beauty I had seen on my screen as I edited my image was a fluke, well until she smiled, I realized that I was wrong, I had in fact, underestimated the beauty of this 27-year-old woman. As always, it was her eyes and of course, her perfectly chiseled features that jumped out at you when she chuckled. This lady belonged in front of my camera. After a conversation with her husband telling him the story of our meeting, I decided I was going to photograph her that very afternoon. Within an hour, Bimpe Onakoya, one of Nigeria’s leading makeup artist, and Zubby, one of my favourite hairstylists, were at my studio to work magic. They had both followed the story online and were more than happy to put in their very best for her.
Olajumoke, with curly extensions out, revealed a short natural afro that beautifully hugged her face. @Bimpeonakoya also had decided to keep the make up minimal. She stepped in front of my camera and I almost couldn’t recognize her. She moved different too. Jumoke looked straight into my lens, emoting like she had done this all her life. I knew we had found a star.
10. Orisanguna has since become a sensation in Nigeria. The hashtag #olajumoke has been shared over a thousand times.
11. And most recently, on Monday, a local modeling agency shared a photo of Orisaguna, stating that they had signed her as talent.
12. BuzzFeed News has reached out to Ty Bello for comment.
- "It was a wick": Artists, friends, and survivors describe what it was like inside the Oakland warehouse party fire that left at least 9 dead.
- After deciding to end her request for a statewide recount in Pennsylvania, Jill Stein announced she plans to take the issue to federal court Monday.
- Thousands holding flags gathered in Cuba Saturday night to remember the life of Fidel Castro. His burial took place on Sunday.
- "Saturday Night Live" spoofed Donald Trump retweeting weird people, just like the real president-elect 📱😂