Illustrated here is the difference between the percentage of households that own dogs and the percentage that own cats. Orange colors indicate a higher percentage of dog owners while blue colors indicate a higher percentage of cat owners.
Note that Alaska and Hawaii were not included in the AVMA’s survey.
These states have the largest positive difference between dog ownership percentage and cat ownership percentage.
6. Top Cat-Loving-Dog-Haters
These states have the largest negative difference between dog ownership percentage and cat ownership percentage.
- Hillary Clinton's campaign is making an unprecedented play for Utah, a state that hasn't gone blue since 1964 🔵
- In case you were wondering, no — a big cyber attack couldn't swing the election.
- Kesha fans rejoice: Sony just confirmed that a new album is in the works 🎵
- People are trolling Eric Trump for apparently getting caught putting lemonade in a free water cup at In-N-Out.