1. The classic "uh, sorry about that":
2. The "sorry your card was declined, my bad":
3. The ol' "kicked out the power cord to all the servers":
4. The "nearly killed thousands of people":
5. The "arsonist":
This office was an accounting firm with about 20 people in it, and it was lunchtime, so a lot of stuff was going on. I plugged the terminal in and...
It made a huge electrical short sound, and sparks jumped out. Everyone started to look at me. "No problem guys, just a little short" I said. THEN THE THING CAUGHT FIRE.
6. The "did I do that?"
7. The "what does THIS cord do?":
8. The "towering inferno":
9. A new twist on the classic "oops I knocked the power cord out":
10. The "oops I sent that joke email to all the customers instead of my buddy":
Answers came from this Quora post: What is the most catastrophic mistake made by an intern at a tech company?
Katie Notopoulos is a senior editor for BuzzFeed News and is based in New York. Notopoulos writes about tech and internet culture is cohost of the Internet Explorer podcast.
Contact Katie Notopoulos at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Got a confidential tip? Submit it here.