1. First, update the app (update was released 12/20). Then, go to the Settings gear on your feed:
2. In Settings, click on “Additional Services —> Manage”:
3. Then turn all the cool new things to ON:
“Replay” is a new feature that lets you rewatch one snap per day. Good or bad? Who knows, but go ahead and turn it on.
“Best Friends” lets you keep your favorite people conveniently at the top of your contacts list.
4. To use the filters: Take a photo, then SWIPE right to left
5. There’s a couple of Instagram-ish filters, plus overlaps with the speed (wut?), weather, and time.
6. To make BIG TEXT, tap the big “T” when you’re typing:
7. You can make your keyboard’s standard emoji big too:
8. Don’t forget to step up your Snapchat by using the secret extra colors:
Touch the rainbow color bar, and without lifting your finger, drag it left, then up, down, or around the screen to access a wider color palette.
Bam! Now you can draw with white, black and more.
9. Snapchat used to have 3 “secret” filters - b&w, sepia, and negative that you enabled by typing in a codeword, but as of this update, they no longer work. It’s okay, these are better anyway. Happy Snapping!
- The Clinton campaign is trying to stop television stations from running a pro-Trump ad featuring Michelle Obama.
- A federal jury cleared the leaders of an Oregon standoff. The militia group took over a wildlife refuge last January.
- Countries from around the world have agreed that the Ross Sea in Antarctica will become the world's largest marine protected area.
- RIP — Vine says it's discontinuing its mobile app, effectively ending the 6-second video service 💀