This summer, WinAmp celebrated its 15th anniversary. I celebrated by eating a bag of Doritos while it play watching shapes along to Pink Floyd and intermittently saying “whoa”. Unlike me, artists Silvio Lorusso (who also created the left-handed internet) and Adriano Vulpino created this video in memorandum.
Lorusso describes his appreciation for WinAmp:
WINAMP SKINPARTY is a tribute to a period in which musical experience on computers was much more visual and less standardized. At the same time it’s a homage to those users that get their hands dirty and appropriate their softwares and interfaces.
4. A few excellent skin choices:
15. Obvs, the best:
- "Moonlight" won Best Picture at the Oscars, but they accidentally gave it to "La La Land" first 😳
- Philip Bilden, the businessman nominated by President Trump to be secretary of the Navy, has withdrawn himself from consideration.
- Actor Bill Paxton has died at 61. He starred in classics including "Twister" and "Titanic."
- The Nokia brick phone is making a comeback — it's been reimagined with a colored screen, but the game Snake hasn't gone anywhere 🐍📲