This summer, WinAmp celebrated its 15th anniversary. I celebrated by eating a bag of Doritos while it play watching shapes along to Pink Floyd and intermittently saying “whoa”. Unlike me, artists Silvio Lorusso (who also created the left-handed internet) and Adriano Vulpino created this video in memorandum.
Lorusso describes his appreciation for WinAmp:
WINAMP SKINPARTY is a tribute to a period in which musical experience on computers was much more visual and less standardized. At the same time it’s a homage to those users that get their hands dirty and appropriate their softwares and interfaces.
4. A few excellent skin choices:
15. Obvs, the best:
- Four people were arrested after Trump supporters and protesters clashed during a "Make America Great Again" rally in California.
- The deadly Westminster attack that left four people dead Wednesday began and ended within 82 seconds, police said Saturday.
- People in Belarus took to the streets and opposed a "social parasites" tax on people who have been unemployed for six months.
- Heads up, Harry Potter fans. You can now get Butterbeer ice cream at your grocery store 🍦✨