This summer, WinAmp celebrated its 15th anniversary. I celebrated by eating a bag of Doritos while it play watching shapes along to Pink Floyd and intermittently saying “whoa”. Unlike me, artists Silvio Lorusso (who also created the left-handed internet) and Adriano Vulpino created this video in memorandum.
Lorusso describes his appreciation for WinAmp:
WINAMP SKINPARTY is a tribute to a period in which musical experience on computers was much more visual and less standardized. At the same time it’s a homage to those users that get their hands dirty and appropriate their softwares and interfaces.
4. A few excellent skin choices:
15. Obvs, the best:
- Blue Lies Matter: How video finally proved that police officers lie — and why they get away with it.
- Obama shortened Chelsea Manning's 35-year sentence for leaking documents to WikiLeaks. She'll be freed in May.
- Trump promised insurance for everyone this weekend, but Senate Republicans say they're assuming he misspoke.
- A Toronto man is on a mission to take a bath at different stranger's house every day this month. And he's accomplishing it 🛀