Just sayin "hi" over Snapchat (from BuzzFeed's account)
We all know Snapchat is great for sexting. But if you're not planning on using it for that purpose, you might wonder, what's the point?
The best feature of Snapchat (other than the reduced possibility of photos of your genitals ending up on Facebook) is the touchscreen drawing. With it, you can make masterpieces that last only 10 seconds or less.
While mostly these are doodles sent only for fun, the possibility for serious art to be created with Snapchat isn't unreasonable. It's a new technology for how popular photography is consumed; digital artists are surely experimenting with it now.
As acting curator of the BuzzFeed Museum of Modern Snapchats, I present this collection of inspired works of Snapart, preserved for posterity by screenshotting (poor form!).
1. Revealing your cat is a wizard
2. Asking a girl out on a date
3. Adrien Grenier creepshot
4. Ugly selfies
5. Making puns while at boring trade shows
6. Threatening people with your finger monsters
7. Topical humor
8. Postcard from vacation
9. Letting someone know you love them
10. Making your cat look cooler
11. Making yourself into a unicorn
12. Making your dog say "duh"
13. Showin' off your hot dog
14. Important life updates
15. Revealing you're a pirate
16. Making a purple man hump your cookies
17. Best yet: giving yourself a new manicure
Katie Notopoulos is a senior editor for BuzzFeed News and is based in New York. Notopoulos writes about tech and internet culture is cohost of the Internet Explorer podcast.
Contact Katie Notopoulos at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Got a confidential tip? Submit it here.