1. New rule: dating tips should always be delivered in six-second loops.
Chiara Atik, dating expert (and sometime-consultant to FWD’s internet etiquette advice column) at HowAboutWe, has written a book about dating in the modern age: Modern Dating: A Field Guide From the Experts at HowAboutWe. To celebrate the book’s release, HowAboutWe is posting the entire book in Vine form — dating wisdom in easy-to-digest, six-second segments.
BuzzFeed asked HowAboutWe for Vines that would help out those of us who stress out over dating and technology. Here are five of their short and smart video tips for flirting in the digital age — including what you can accomplish online and what you have to do IRL. (These are promotional — and meant to be viewed in your Vine feed — so there’s a book shot in every one, but it’s all solid and practical advice!)
7. As For Everything Else…
HowAboutWe will be posting the rest of Modern Dating in video format on Vine over the next two weeks. Catch the rest of their posts via their Twitter account.
- "Moonlight" won Best Picture at the Oscars, but they accidentally gave it to "La La Land" first 😳
- Philip Bilden, the businessman nominated by President Trump to be secretary of the Navy, has withdrawn himself from consideration.
- Actor Bill Paxton has died at 61. He starred in classics including "Twister" and "Titanic."
- The Nokia brick phone is making a comeback — it's been reimagined with a colored screen, but the game Snake hasn't gone anywhere 🐍📲