1. Text “Hey good lookin’ what’s cookin’?”
Is there any such thing as an oldie-but-goodie in interpersonal communication? Besides, like, “Hello, how are you?” “Have a good night”? There will be no folksy rhyming allowed, going forward. Not with people who don’t know you well enough to love you anyway.
2. Use fill-in-the-blank texting apps like “How To Text a Girl.”
Here is a guideline: if the thing you’ve typed could also be uttered by a) an overeager manager at an office team building retreat or b) a serial killer trying to lure you out of your apartment in the dark, don’t text that thing.
4. Make “a joke.”
There is nothing wrong with making actual jokes, but there is nothing worse than saying things that aren’t jokes while clearly expressing the belief that they are jokes. An example of something that isn’t a joke: telling someone that you will bring a snack to a party, and that you would find it enjoyable if, at that party, that person is humorous.
5. Give weird nicknames to people you just met.
This is from a website “Text Girls and Get Laid,” run by people called Yags and P-Funk. You can sign up for a weekly newsletter full of creepy PUA-type tips like these, if what you most want from your text advice is to become someone who would give himself a nickname like Yags or P-Funk.
- Donald Trump keeps questioning polls and insisting he's winning — even as most show him behind nationally.
- Obamacare premiums will jump an average 25% in 2017, but officials say subsidies will keep costs low for most people.
- French authorities have begun moving thousands of migrants and refugees from the makeshift "Jungle" camp in Calais.
- These parents came up with maybe the best dirty Halloween couple's costume ever. Parents ftw 😂👏