Points in favor of mathematician George Hart’s interlocking bagel technique:
1. Looks cool
2. Keeps the other half of your bagel from rolling away on you (a serious and common problem)
3. Extra surface area for cream cheese
4. Lets all your breakfastmates know that you have good spacial awareness + cutting skills
5. Pull it apart with a friend — the person whose bagel doesn’t break gets a wish
1. Maybe too cool? Nobody will want to eat breakfast with you because they’ll all feel like huge idiots eating normally sliced bagels (ugh)
The video’s a little hard to follow, but Hart has posted more detailed photo instructions here:
- Hillary Clinton made her debut with VP pick Tim Kaine, who dipped into Spanish and spoke on support for immigration reform and gun control.
- The gunman who killed at least 10 people at a Munich, Germany mall on Friday was an 18-year-old "obsessed" with mass shootings, police said.
- ISIS has claimed responsibility for a bombing that killed at least 80 people in Afghanistan Saturday.