1. RIM hasn’t had a hit BlackBerry phone in years. This video about BlackBerry 10, aimed at developers, isn’t going to help:
2. I mean…
3. Someone, probably a millionaire with a VP title, had to sign off on this:
4. THIS WAS POSTED ON THE OFFICIAL BLACKBERRY YOUTUBE CHANNEL:
5. Here’s the product they’re talking about, by the way:
RIM announced a few more details about the platform — mainly, Facebook and Twitter apps — at an event today. There are more details at the Verge, but it still looks like far too little, far too late.
Just five years ago, RIM was the most powerful smartphone maker in the world. Now, this:
- The public's mistrust of Trump might be especially dangerous in a catastrophe rooted in science — like an asteroid or the next Ebola.
- Thousands of people hit the streets on Saturday to participate in the People's Climate March, a protest against Trump's environmental policies.
- Turkey's government has blocked users in the country from visiting Wikipedia in yet another crackdown on free speech.
- Will Ferrell showed up to a special taping of Samantha Bee's "Not The White House Correspondents Dinner" as George W. Bush.