1. RIM hasn’t had a hit BlackBerry phone in years. This video about BlackBerry 10, aimed at developers, isn’t going to help:
2. I mean…
3. Someone, probably a millionaire with a VP title, had to sign off on this:
4. THIS WAS POSTED ON THE OFFICIAL BLACKBERRY YOUTUBE CHANNEL:
5. Here’s the product they’re talking about, by the way:
RIM announced a few more details about the platform — mainly, Facebook and Twitter apps — at an event today. There are more details at the Verge, but it still looks like far too little, far too late.
Just five years ago, RIM was the most powerful smartphone maker in the world. Now, this:
- An airplane carrying Republican VP candidate Mike Pence skidded off the runway at New York City's LaGuardia airport. No one was injured.
- A federal jury cleared the leaders of an Oregon standoff. The militia group took over a wildlife refuge last January.
- A Trump official says the campaign has "three major voter suppression operations underway."
- RIP — Vine says it's discontinuing its mobile app, effectively ending the 6-second video service 💀