1. Here’s the dialer and home screen:
BlackBerry 10 looks like Samsung’s Android skins, or even Bada.
2. This is how you answer calls:
Simple, but it ought to be.
3. The photo roll and camera seem a bit glitchy:
It’s early software, but still.
4. The notification center is more Apple than Google:
And more confusing than either.
It’s not ugly, and it seems to run fairly smoothly. But those are smartphone OS table stakes circa 2009 — now you need a healthy app store too.
It’s going to be a tough climb back for BlackBerry.
- An earthquake that struck central Italy Wednesday has killed at least 37 people, officials say. 150 people are still missing.
- Turkish tanks have rolled across the Syrian border. Turkey's president said the operation is aimed against both ISIS and Kurdish fighters.
- And Donald Trump has often claimed to be "the largest real estate developer in New York," but he isn't.