1. This is, by the way, the state of the art in humanoid robotics:
The DARPA-funded Pet-Proto, built in conjunction with Boston Dynamics, the company that made the infamous Big Dog quadruped robot, was demonstrated ahead of a competition for rescue robots, for which the agency is offering a $2 million prize. (The Pet-Proto will not be competing, but a similar robot from Boston Dynamics will.)
- President Obama has ordered a full review of hacking related to the 2016 election. Officials have alleged Russia used the hacks to interfere with the election.
- Trump's cabinet fills out: He's reportedly tapped Washington Congresswoman Cathy McMorris Rodgers for Interior Secretary, Goldman Sachs President Gary Cohn for National Economic Council Director.
- South Korean President Park Geun-hye has apologized for negligence after lawmakers impeached her over a corruption scandal.
- J. Cole dropped his much-anticipated album and people are holding onto it like it's an oxygen tank for 2016.