1. Step one: fill a bottle with liquid nitrogen
2. Step two: close the bottle, throw it in the garbage can, fill it with ping pong balls
3. Step three: cover your ears
4. Step four: clean up
5. Here’s the original video
It’s not entirely clear what this demo is trying to teach, beyond this: the reason the bottle explodes is because liquid nitrogen becomes a gas at room temperature. Nitrogen takes up more space as a gas than as a liquid, causing the closed bottle to rupture violently. The ping pong balls, I think, are mostly just for show.
- Inside WikiLeaks: A former employee shares what he learned about Julian Assange (including his beef with Hillary Clinton).
- One week into the fight to take back Mosul, expectations for quick success have clashed with the reality of a bloody struggle ahead.
- Less than 24 hours after AT&T announced an $85 billion deal to buy Time Warner, politicians are expressing skepticism and opposition.
- An NFL player paid tribute to Harambe, the gorilla who died at a Cincinnati zoo, on his cleats.