1. Step one: fill a bottle with liquid nitrogen
2. Step two: close the bottle, throw it in the garbage can, fill it with ping pong balls
3. Step three: cover your ears
4. Step four: clean up
5. Here’s the original video
It’s not entirely clear what this demo is trying to teach, beyond this: the reason the bottle explodes is because liquid nitrogen becomes a gas at room temperature. Nitrogen takes up more space as a gas than as a liquid, causing the closed bottle to rupture violently. The ping pong balls, I think, are mostly just for show.
- Politics in France were redrawn Sunday as pro-EU Macron and far-right Le Pen advanced to a runoff in the country's presidential election 🇫🇷
- US Attorney General Jeff Sessions said Sunday that DREAMers, like "everyone that enters the country unlawfully," are "subject to deportation."
- North Korea has arrested a third American citizen amid a dramatic escalation in tensions with the United States.
- Drag queens, puppies, and Lisa Rinna — BuzzFeed News got a behind the scenes look of "Watch What Happens Live with Andy Cohen."