1. Meet Cole Murphy-Hockett.
The Brooklyn-based 27-year-old medical student recently ran the Brooklyn Half Marathon. Only two or three miles into the race, the worst thing happened: He got a nosebleed.
“I thought it was a runny nose, but then I wiped it on my sleeve and saw that it was bloody and was like, shit, this is not an opportune time for this!” Murphy-Hockett told BuzzFeed.
2. So he popped into the medical tent, rolled some gauze into a nose plug, and just kept running.
“It kind of sucked not being able to breathe out of my nose, but it was fine,” he said. “I finished the race and got the best time I’ve ever gotten.”
Murphy-Hockett said he ran to raise money for the Brooklyn Free Clinic, where he volunteers with his classmates.
- Republicans presented Democrats on Tuesday with a spending plan that doesn't include funding for the border wall, stalling one of Trump's most controversial campaign promises.
- Fox News anchor Kelly Wright and 12 other current and former employees are suing the network for racial discrimination and harassment.
- The humanitarian crisis in Venezuela is so bad that people are walking over to Brazil to get the food and medicines they need.
- A 5-year-old girl cosplayed Jyn Erso so she could deliver the Death Star plans to Princess Leia 🙏