1. No matter the time of year, Kya, a 1-year-old Shiba Inu in Orlando, is obsessed with her toy Santa.
Kya’s owner, 16-year-old John Mantaldo, said his family gave her the toy last year, and it quickly became her favorite. They even have an extra one.
“She really loves her Santa, and she has to have it year-round,” John’s 19-year-old sister, Angelina, said. “Whenever we come home, she brings it to us.”
So, when the siblings saw an ad for “pet photos with Santa” at the mall, they knew they had to take Kya to meet her hero.
They went on Monday, along with their other dog, Lucy.
“A lot of people were taking pictures with their dogs,” Angelina said. “But we were like, ‘Nah, it’s just going to be the dog.’”
2. JUST LOOK AT THAT HAPPY PUPPY FACE.
John said Lucy was afraid of the mall Santa, but that Kya — who is “usually super crazy and hyper” — got really, really calm.
“She just sat there and looked at him,” Angelina said. “She usually misbehaves when we take her to Petsmart, but she was behaving for Santa.”
3. John posted the winning shot on Twitter, and thousands of people could not handle how adorable it is:
4. Pretty much everyone melted on the spot:
- The suspect wanted for killing 39 people at an Istanbul nightclub on New Years Day has been captured, Turkish media reports.
- Women are arguing about whether people who are anti-abortion rights should participate in the upcoming Women's March.
- Umm. Over half of the population across 22 countries believe their system is failing and rigged, a new poll says 🌎🤔
- Spencer's Gifts is getting flooded with criticism for selling "Grab America By The Pussy" shirts, which many are saying normalizes sexual assault.