1. Inauguration planner Tom Barrack told reporters on Tuesday that Trump’s ceremony will feature a “soft sensuality.”
“We’re fortunate in that we have the greatest celebrity in the world, which is the president-elect; side-by-side is the current president,” Barrack said.
“So what we’ve done instead of trying to surround him with what people consider A-listers, is we are going to surround him with the soft sensuality of the place. It’s a much more poetic cadence than having a circus-like celebration that’s a coronation.”
2. People all cringed at once. It was the cringe heard round the world.
10. What will this softly sensual inauguration will be like? People have ideas.
- Sean Spicer today said "his intention is never to lie" as White House press secretary, a pledge that came after making false claims this weekend about Trump's inauguration.
- President Trump signed an anti-abortion executive order that reinstates the so-called global gag rule, barring foreign organizations taking US money from providing abortions.
- The new Trump Hotel in Washington, DC, has lost more than $1 million and is in violation of Donald Trump's lease with the government, say Democratic lawmakers.
- The all-day breakfast boom at McDonald's is over as sales once again continued to fall for the fast food giant 🍳 📉