1. When 19-year-old Jake Ostrowski began packing up his things for his first year at college, there was one thing he was pretty bummed to not be able to bring along: his golden retriever, Jesse.
“I love my dog — he sleeps with me every night,” Ostrowski, who’s from Houston, told BuzzFeed News. “I’ve been really sad because I’ve got to leave him to go to college.”
Fortunately, his mom, Sharla, had the perfect solution.
2. On Thursday, she surprised him with a life-size cardboard cutout of Jesse.
Ostrowski said he was “so excited” when he saw the cutout.
“I’m sure anyone would love a cardboard cutout of their dog,” he said.
6. “It can be kind of scary going off to college,” Ostrowski, who left for Texas Tech on Friday, said. “But now I’ve got my dog in my dorm with me.”
- The Army Corps of Engineers and North Dakota police have ordered protesters to leave the Dakota Access Pipeline site by this afternoon or face arrest.
- The ACLU is suing the city of Milwaukee and its police for allegedly performing thousands of illegal stop-and-frisk searches that targeted minorities.
- Immigrants are worried two government memos are laying the groundwork for the deportation force President Trump promised on the campaign trail.
- #Peggygate: West Elm offers full refunds for the notoriously disintegrating Peggy Couch days after pulling it from its website and stores👏