1. The Moth Podcast, because telling a story live is like walking a tightrope.
2. The New Yorker Fiction Podcast, for when you want to know who your nerd crushes are crushing on.
It’s like book-lover inception: authors you love read authors they love.
3. Welcome to Night Vale, because any real book nerd loves to escape into a universe.
What’s great about Night Vale is that it ~feels~ like a book, because the stories are in your imagination just like when you read them.
4. The Longform Podcast, because it’s like a chill hangout sesh with your favorite cool authors.
They don’t even mind your ratty IKEA furniture and the piles of books.
5. The Organist, because it’s like an audio hologram of The Believer magazine.
Lush sound design, beautiful stories: there’s so much to love.
6. Selected Shorts, because famous actors reading beautiful stories just never gets old.
You can’t say no to Holly Hunter reading Alice Munro. It makes books very mad when you do that, and you don’t want to make books mad.
7. The New Yorker Out Loud, for when you want to know how your favorite non-fiction stories came into being.
All of those pages of tiny magazine print come into three dimensions on the mic.
8. The Lit Show, because it lets you into the secret fancy world of the Iowa Writer’s Workshop.
10. Slate’s Audio Book Club for when you want some friends to read along with.
You don’t have to buy a bottle of wine and nobody reschedules: It’s just you, your earbuds and that box of chardonnay from last week.
11. Anything from the PEN American Center, because they <3 writing as much as you <3 reading.
- Chancellor Angela Merkel of Germany has for the first time said that she backs proposals for a partial ban on burqas.
- The US Department of Justice will keep defending Muslims under Donald Trump, top Obama administration officials said Monday.
- The UK prison service is suppressing evidence of corruption among its guards, fueling violence behind bars.
- Nordstrom is selling a stone wrapped in a leather case for $85 and people are…confused ⁉️😂