1. Here’s how the baby, who hasn’t been named yet, was found on Saturday.
Firefighters rescued the boy by sawing out a piece of the pipe and then dismantling it in a dramatic two-hour rescue.
The baby’s mother said she unexpectedly gave birth to the baby while using a squat toilet. She heard his cries when he slipped through the pipe and called her landlord for help, according to local media reports. Authorities said it was an accident and the mother will not be charged.
4. Here’s what he looked like on Tuesday.
The baby is apparently in stable condition. A doctor at the Pujiang People’s Hospital told reporters he was ready to be released.
9. On Wednesday, his condition continued to improve.
11. For now, nurses are calling him Baby No. 59.
- Donald Trump says the shooting of NBA star Dwyane Wade's cousin is evidence of high crime rates he believes will boost his support among black people in November's election.
- Facebook shifts to algorithms to decide which stories to highlight in its trending news section after allegations of liberal bias at the company.
- Protesters climbed Berlin's Brandenburg Gate to protest against refugees. About 1.1 million asylum-seekers arrived in Germany last year.