1. Here’s how the baby, who hasn’t been named yet, was found on Saturday.
Firefighters rescued the boy by sawing out a piece of the pipe and then dismantling it in a dramatic two-hour rescue.
The baby’s mother said she unexpectedly gave birth to the baby while using a squat toilet. She heard his cries when he slipped through the pipe and called her landlord for help, according to local media reports. Authorities said it was an accident and the mother will not be charged.
4. Here’s what he looked like on Tuesday.
The baby is apparently in stable condition. A doctor at the Pujiang People’s Hospital told reporters he was ready to be released.
9. On Wednesday, his condition continued to improve.
11. For now, nurses are calling him Baby No. 59.
- A Cincinnati zoo is defending its decision to kill a gorilla after a boy fell into an exhibit.
- Former U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder said Edward Snowden performed a "public service" leaking surveillance secrets.
- The GOP spent years building a Latino outreach project. Now Republicans worry it died with Donald Trump's nomination.