1. Here’s how the baby, who hasn’t been named yet, was found on Saturday.
Firefighters rescued the boy by sawing out a piece of the pipe and then dismantling it in a dramatic two-hour rescue.
The baby’s mother said she unexpectedly gave birth to the baby while using a squat toilet. She heard his cries when he slipped through the pipe and called her landlord for help, according to local media reports. Authorities said it was an accident and the mother will not be charged.
4. Here’s what he looked like on Tuesday.
The baby is apparently in stable condition. A doctor at the Pujiang People’s Hospital told reporters he was ready to be released.
9. On Wednesday, his condition continued to improve.
11. For now, nurses are calling him Baby No. 59.
- Top legal scholars will be filing the 1st major lawsuit against President Donald Trump's alleged business conflicts on Monday.
- "Welcome to the movement": Women's March on Washington organizers are working tirelessly to make sure first-time marchers stick around ✊
- A mass grave in Mexico contained the remains of 56 people, many of whom went missing in 2010, authorities said Sunday.
- The New England Patriots are heading to the Super Bowl yet again. They'll play the Atlanta Falcons on Feb. 5 🏈