1. At the height of the papal conclave, a group of women gathered at the Vatican to protest the church’s policy forbidding women from becoming priests.
2. They released pink smoke, referencing the black or white smoke used at the Sistine Chapel to signal the Pope decision.
“The Catholic church should be a healthy and vibrant place with equality, with both men and women called to the priesthood. Jesus did not exclude women. Jesus encouraged women and actively sought to include them,” said protester Miriam Duignan.
- The Obama administration, which has been notoriously secretive about its drone policy, said drone strikes have killed up to 116 civilians.
- Nearly 70,000 people convicted of felonies but now on probation or parole are suing Louisiana for the right to vote.
- Attorney General Loretta Lynch said she'll accept FBI recommendations in the investigation of Hillary Clinton's private email servers.