1. At the height of the papal conclave, a group of women gathered at the Vatican to protest the church’s policy forbidding women from becoming priests.
2. They released pink smoke, referencing the black or white smoke used at the Sistine Chapel to signal the Pope decision.
“The Catholic church should be a healthy and vibrant place with equality, with both men and women called to the priesthood. Jesus did not exclude women. Jesus encouraged women and actively sought to include them,” said protester Miriam Duignan.
- Golf legend Arnold Palmer has died at 87. Known as "The King," his unusual style and charisma changed the game.
- Monday night's presidential debate may be the last hope for environmental activists who want climate in the national conversation.
- US officials have determined al-Qaeda likely influenced suspected New York City bomber Ahmad Khan Rahami.