Update: All victims in Spring High School stabbing are students, officials say http://t.co/reJCy4QqLc
A fight broke out at Spring High School in north Houston, Texas, on Wednesday morning, leaving one student dead and three injured, according to the Harris County Sheriff’s Office.
Three suspects are reportedly in custody. The weapon used in the fight was described by police as a “cutting instrument.”
Among the three injured students, one is currently in surgery, Sheriff Adrian Garcia told reporters.
“There has been some information that this may have been gang related, but it’s a very dynamic scene and investigators are collecting information,” he said.
Reports vary as to whether the fight broke out around 7 or 8 a.m.
KHOU described parents as “frustrated” over conflicting information regarding picking up their children. One father said his son texted him photos from the scene of the stabbing:
“(My son) told me that he was scared and he wants to come home. We can all understand at this point, right? … They were walking out of the area when it happened, but they sent pictures to me of all the blood everywhere.”
A reporter from Houston station KPRC was told there were “days of fights” leading up to the stabbing.
3. KPRC has identified the deceased student as Joshua Broussard, but the sheriff’s office hasn’t confirmed his name.
KPRC Local 2 Houston
@KPRCRobert has confirmed student killed at #SpringHS is Joshua Broussard. LIVE team coverage http://t.co/31BYQNhzWV
- Russian ambassador to the UN Vitaly Churkin has died after suffering from cardiac arrest this morning, a day before his 65th birthday.
- Donald Trump said that his comments about Sweden were referring to a Fox News segment, not an actual incident in the country 🇸🇪🙃
- Senator Ron Wyden will soon introduce legislation requiring warrants before phones can be searched at the US border.
- A girl's best friend showed up to her date in a fake mustache to spy on her and it is the definition of friendship goals 😎