2. The explosion happened Thursday at the building adjacent to the executive tower of Petroleos Mexicanos, or Pemex, Mexico’s state-owned oil company.
4. PEMEX tweeted earlier today that the building was evacuated before the explosion because of electricity issues.
5. It’s still unclear what the exact source of the explosion was.
6. Interior Minister Miguel Angel Osorio Chong said the death toll could still rise, according to local reports.
A soldier stands guard outside the Pemex headquarters after the explosion.
- The White House blocked several media outlets it's been critical of, including BuzzFeed, from a closed-door briefing by Press Secretary Sean Spicer.
- Kim Jong Nam, the half-brother of North Korea's leader, was killed with a chemical weapon last week at an airport in Malaysia.