2. The explosion happened Thursday at the building adjacent to the executive tower of Petroleos Mexicanos, or Pemex, Mexico’s state-owned oil company.
4. PEMEX tweeted earlier today that the building was evacuated before the explosion because of electricity issues.
5. It’s still unclear what the exact source of the explosion was.
6. Interior Minister Miguel Angel Osorio Chong said the death toll could still rise, according to local reports.
A soldier stands guard outside the Pemex headquarters after the explosion.
- Some of Donald Trump's diehard supporters say they have mixed feelings about watching — much less paying for — Trump TV.
- The Obama administration delayed trans workers' protections for years after a landmark civil rights decision 🔎🌈
- A powerful magnitude-6.1 earthquake struck Italy Wednesday night, hours after a smaller magnitude-5.5 quake struck the same region.
- Facebook keeps promoting fake news. Experts say its trending algorithm can't stop it—and it could get worse ❌📰