2. The explosion happened Thursday at the building adjacent to the executive tower of Petroleos Mexicanos, or Pemex, Mexico’s state-owned oil company.
4. PEMEX tweeted earlier today that the building was evacuated before the explosion because of electricity issues.
5. It’s still unclear what the exact source of the explosion was.
6. Interior Minister Miguel Angel Osorio Chong said the death toll could still rise, according to local reports.
A soldier stands guard outside the Pemex headquarters after the explosion.
- Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton sparred over ISIS, race in the US, and his unreleased taxes during the first debate 📢
- Parents of the suspected Washington mall gunman who killed five people said he "had mental issues."
- And no, people aren't drilling headphone jacks into their new iPhone 7's 📱❌