1. On Monday morning, Howard Kurtz — who left Tina Brown’s Daily Beast in May after reporting a major error — tweeted a New York Times article exploring how the Daily Beast’s partnership with Newsweek went sour.
Tina tried hard to save Newsweek, which was probably impossible, but this captures the chaos, waste and dysfunction http://t.co/26A0HUhqAR
2. Then his former boss replied.
Hey @HowardKurtz am I forgetting something or didn’t I fire you for serial inaccuracy? Shurely shome mishtake as British hacks like to say..
6. Update: Monday, Aug. 5, 3:10 p.m.
In an email to BuzzFeed’s Kate Aurthur (and to Politico), Howard Kurtz declined to fight back.
“I’m going to take the high road and say I’m proud of my accomplishments at the Beast and wish Tina and my friends there all the best.”
- Two weeks until Nov 8, there is no shortage of election forecasts. BuzzFeed's data reporters break down what the numbers mean.
- Confused refugees question what's next as French authorities begin to clear out the Calais "Jungle" camp.
- Obamacare premiums will jump an average 25% in 2017, but federal officials say subsidies will keep costs low for most people.
- The first Gilmore Girls trailer is finally here and it looks like Luke and Lorelai are together 💛☕️