1. On Monday morning, Howard Kurtz — who left Tina Brown’s Daily Beast in May after reporting a major error — tweeted a New York Times article exploring how the Daily Beast’s partnership with Newsweek went sour.
Tina tried hard to save Newsweek, which was probably impossible, but this captures the chaos, waste and dysfunction http://t.co/26A0HUhqAR
2. Then his former boss replied.
Hey @HowardKurtz am I forgetting something or didn’t I fire you for serial inaccuracy? Shurely shome mishtake as British hacks like to say..
6. Update: Monday, Aug. 5, 3:10 p.m.
In an email to BuzzFeed’s Kate Aurthur (and to Politico), Howard Kurtz declined to fight back.
“I’m going to take the high road and say I’m proud of my accomplishments at the Beast and wish Tina and my friends there all the best.”
- It's time: Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump will face off tonight at 9 p.m. ET in the first of three US presidential debates.
- Ted Cruz said Trump's list of potential Supreme Court nominees spurred his decision to endorse his former opponent.
- Parents of the suspected Washington mall gunman who killed five people said he "had mental issues."