1. On Monday morning, Howard Kurtz — who left Tina Brown’s Daily Beast in May after reporting a major error — tweeted a New York Times article exploring how the Daily Beast’s partnership with Newsweek went sour.
Tina tried hard to save Newsweek, which was probably impossible, but this captures the chaos, waste and dysfunction http://t.co/26A0HUhqAR
2. Then his former boss replied.
Hey @HowardKurtz am I forgetting something or didn’t I fire you for serial inaccuracy? Shurely shome mishtake as British hacks like to say..
6. Update: Monday, Aug. 5, 3:10 p.m.
In an email to BuzzFeed’s Kate Aurthur (and to Politico), Howard Kurtz declined to fight back.
“I’m going to take the high road and say I’m proud of my accomplishments at the Beast and wish Tina and my friends there all the best.”
- Blue Lies Matter: How video finally proved that police officers lie — and why they get away with it.
- Obama shortened Chelsea Manning's 35-year sentence for leaking documents to WikiLeaks. She'll be freed in May.
- A former "Apprentice" contestant has filed a lawsuit against Trump for calling her a liar over sexual assault allegations.
- You can now dig through the CIA's secret history. 12 million declassified docs are on the internet for all to see 🤓📚