1. Kathleen Mangan-Valle took the stand Monday to tell jurors how she discovered her husband’s fetish — by installing Spyware and reading through his chat history, where she saw his gruesome plans for her.
5. Mangan-Valle met her husband through OKCupid in 2009. She got pregnant in 2010, and she sensed Valle becoming distant. When she went into labor, he made her wait for him to take a shower before driving her to the hospital.
A photo shown in court: Gilberto Valle with his daughter.
- #Brexit fallout: Markets around the world fell again Monday, and analysts expect the U.K. to enter a "mild recession" by early 2017.
- The U.S. Supreme Court has ruled that abortion provider restrictions in Texas are unconstitutional.
- It's #TurnUpToVote week at BuzzFeed. Ready for November? You can register right here 🇺🇸