1. Kathleen Mangan-Valle took the stand Monday to tell jurors how she discovered her husband’s fetish — by installing Spyware and reading through his chat history, where she saw his gruesome plans for her.
5. Mangan-Valle met her husband through OKCupid in 2009. She got pregnant in 2010, and she sensed Valle becoming distant. When she went into labor, he made her wait for him to take a shower before driving her to the hospital.
A photo shown in court: Gilberto Valle with his daughter.
- Miami Marlins star pitcher José Fernández has died in a boating accident. He was 24.
- Monday night's presidential debate may be the last hope for environmental activists who want climate in the national conversation.
- US officials have determined al-Qaeda likely influenced suspected New York City bomber Ahmad Khan Rahami.