2. Authorities were still searching for people believed trapped underneath the rubble of the four-story structure in northern New Delhi.
While the AP story indicated there was one survivor being treated at a local hospital, Sky News reported that at least 14 people had been rescued.
5. Police officer Madhur Verma told the AP that most homes in the poor neighborhood were built without permission.
6. According to local media, the government has ordered an inquiry into the collapse. The Press Trust of India reports that it was “triggered by construction work on an adjacent plot,” the AP said.
An 11-story building at a construction site also collapsed in Chennai, India, on Saturday, killing five, according to India Today. A search for survivors is underway there as well.
- Oops: "Moonlight" won Best Picture at the Oscars, but they accidentally gave it to "La La Land" first 😳 ⁉️
- Philip Bilden, the businessman nominated by President Trump to be secretary of the Navy, has withdrawn himself from consideration.
- Actor Bill Paxton has died at 61. He starred in classics including "Twister," "Titanic," "Big Love," and "Aliens."
- The Nokia brick phone is making a comeback — it's been reimagined with a colored screen, but the game Snake hasn't gone anywhere 🐍📲