2. Authorities were still searching for people believed trapped underneath the rubble of the four-story structure in northern New Delhi.
While the AP story indicated there was one survivor being treated at a local hospital, Sky News reported that at least 14 people had been rescued.
5. Police officer Madhur Verma told the AP that most homes in the poor neighborhood were built without permission.
6. According to local media, the government has ordered an inquiry into the collapse. The Press Trust of India reports that it was “triggered by construction work on an adjacent plot,” the AP said.
An 11-story building at a construction site also collapsed in Chennai, India, on Saturday, killing five, according to India Today. A search for survivors is underway there as well.
- The enemy within: Civilians are caught in the crossfire as Iraqi troops move closer to Mosul and face fears of ISIS.
- Police are investigating after someone destroyed Donald Trump's Hollywood Walk Of Fame star with a sledgehammer early Wednesday.
- Here's what European cities are offering to convince London's banks, companies, and entrepreneurs to move post-Brexit🍷🌞
- Hillary Clinton responded to that "Death Row Records" meme about her debate outfits.