3. “The African lions will be back. They went to another zoo to breed,” an administrator at the People’s Park Zoo explained to the Oriental Daily.
5. Tibetan mastiffs are hugely popular in China, selling for as much as $750,000. Puppies are smuggled in from the Himalayan plateau, despite many veterinarians arguing that the huge dogs are “unsuitable” as household pets in the climate.
Tibetan mastiff puppies!
7. More mistaken identity at the People’s Park Zoo, via users on Sina Weibo:
- Top legal scholars will be filing the 1st major lawsuit against President Donald Trump's alleged business conflicts on Monday.
- "Welcome to the movement": Women's March on Washington organizers are working tirelessly to make sure first-time marchers stick around ✊
- A mass grave in Mexico contained the remains of 56 people, many of whom went missing in 2010, authorities said Sunday.
- The New England Patriots are heading to the Super Bowl yet again. They'll play the Atlanta Falcons on Feb. 5 🏈