Thirty years ago today, Nintendo released the Family Computer, or Famicom, in Japan. Released two years later in America as the Nintendo Entertainment System, the Famicom sparked a pretty remarkable three-decade run from the Kyoto company that started out making playing cards in 1889.
Here is a list of the best game released for a Nintendo platform each year since the release of the Famicom:
5. 1985: Super Mario Bros.
8. 1988: Metal Gear
10. 1990: Super Mario Bros. 3
14. 1994: Super Metroid
15. 1995: Chrono Trigger
16. 1996: Super Mario 64
17. 1997: Goldeneye 007
18. 1998: The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
19. 1999: Super Smash Bros.
21. 2001: Pikmin
22. 2002: Metroid Prime
23. 2003: The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
24. 2004: Metroid Prime 2: Echoes
25. 2005: The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap
26. 2006: Wii Sports
27. 2007: Super Mario Galaxy
29. 2009: New Super Mario Bros. Wii
30. 2010: Disney Epic Mickey
31. 2011: The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
32. 2012: Xenoblade Chronicles
33. 2013: Luigi’s Mansion: Dark Moon
- President Trump addressed the Conservative Political Action Conference, or CPAC, where he lashed out at the media and defended his agenda.
- The White House strongly denies reports that Chief of Staff Reince Priebus urged the FBI to undermine stories linking Trump to Russia.
- Kim Jong Nam, the half-brother of North Korea's leader, was killed with a chemical weapon last week at an airport in Malaysia.
- Caitlyn Jenner told President Trump his administration's rollback of protections for transgender kids was a "disaster" 😳