Thirty years ago today, Nintendo released the Family Computer, or Famicom, in Japan. Released two years later in America as the Nintendo Entertainment System, the Famicom sparked a pretty remarkable three-decade run from the Kyoto company that started out making playing cards in 1889.
Here is a list of the best game released for a Nintendo platform each year since the release of the Famicom:
5. 1985: Super Mario Bros.
8. 1988: Metal Gear
10. 1990: Super Mario Bros. 3
14. 1994: Super Metroid
15. 1995: Chrono Trigger
16. 1996: Super Mario 64
17. 1997: Goldeneye 007
18. 1998: The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
19. 1999: Super Smash Bros.
21. 2001: Pikmin
22. 2002: Metroid Prime
23. 2003: The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
24. 2004: Metroid Prime 2: Echoes
25. 2005: The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap
26. 2006: Wii Sports
27. 2007: Super Mario Galaxy
29. 2009: New Super Mario Bros. Wii
30. 2010: Disney Epic Mickey
31. 2011: The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
32. 2012: Xenoblade Chronicles
33. 2013: Luigi’s Mansion: Dark Moon
- An adult film actress says Donald Trump, or someone on his behalf, offered her $10,000 and the use of his private jet to come to his suite.
- A right-leaning nonprofit is planning to place news articles critical of Clinton in black newspapers ahead of the election 📰
- AT&T has made a deal to buy Time Warner — owner of CNN, HBO, and Warner Bros. — in one of the biggest acquisitions ever 💰
- A black metal band crashed a couple's engagement shoot and the photos are 🤘