Americans have been lined up for days already, waiting patiently outside malls and major retailers in eager anticipation of the annual Black Friday sales, ready to grab consumer goods for slight discounts from their secretly inflated prices, because this is the economy now.
Missing Thanksgiving dinner and freezing to near-death does not a happy customer make, and so, quite often, stores descend into pure madness once the doors open. A recent Reddit thread collected many nightmare memories from Black Fridays past earlier this week, and we’ve selected some of the best/most awful stories as a note of warning/sociological study.
1. Is that a lobster in your pants? (Yes, it is)
2. Old ladies battling for a… $5 calculator
3. They go right for the neck
4. No time for bathroom breaks
5. Don’t mess with grandma
6. Always knew the Furby was evil
7. This is actually terrifying :(
8. BEAR MACE!
Take a breather, it only gets more intense…
9. Screwed through the side entry
10. Some work 20-hour shifts!
11. Some people are sick in the head
12. Actually this person was a genius
13. The thought was nice?
14. This country is going to the dogs
15. Tis never the season…
16. The brute!
17. And the worst horror story of all time
- Four people were arrested after Trump supporters and protesters clashed during a "Make America Great Again" rally in California.
- The deadly Westminster attack that left four people dead Wednesday began and was over with in 82 seconds, police said Saturday.
- People in Belarus took to the streets and opposed a "social parasites" tax on people who have been unemployed for six months.
- Heads up, Harry Potter fans. You can now get Butterbeer ice cream at your grocery store 🍦✨