1. President Obama had a quick chat and shook hands with Cuban President Raul Castro at the memorial service for former South African President Nelson Mandela.
The moment came just before Obama delivered a eulogy for Mandela in a Johannesburg stadium.
2. It appeared to be a friendly exchange.
Obama was cheered into the stadium and made conciliatory gestures toward other world leaders, including Brazil’s Dilma Rousseff, who has clashed with the U.S. president over alleged National Security Agency spying.
3. The United States has not had diplomatic relations with Cuba since the communist revolution led by Castro’s brother Fidel more than 50 years ago.
- Former Israeli President Shimon Peres has died at 93. He was the country's longest-serving politician and statesman.
- Monday night's first presidential debate between Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton was a horse show for undecided voters.
- Serena Williams posted a powerful note on her Facebook page Tuesday, saying she won't be silent about police killings of black men.