1. Same-sex couples in Madison began getting married in Wisconsin on Friday just minutes after a federal judge struck down the state’s marriage ban.
5. Wisconsin Attorney General J. B. Van Hollen said the ban was still in effect despite the ruling Friday, but that didn’t stop other couples from moving quickly as well.
11. In fact, a LOT of couples showed up to marry.
15. And a lot of officials showed up to marry them.
19. The courthouse in Madison was busy with couples, witnesses and others.
23. Same-sex couples also got married in Milwaukee.
- Hidden from public view, there's a parallel legal universe that empowers corporations to bend countries to their will, an investigation reveals.
- French towns are still enforcing the burkini ban on Muslim women despite the country's highest court ruling the ban illegal.
- As Hillary Clinton denounced the alt-right in a blistering speech, the movement is more famous than ever.