1. Wednesday afternoon, a fire erupted in an Indianapolis home. At the time, 13-year-old Nick Lamb, who is deaf, was sleeping inside.
The 13-year-old boy had been excited Wednesday, because he was finally old enough to stay home alone. He usually wears hearing aids but didn’t have them in as he napped, so he didn’t hear the home’s smoke alarms, the local NBC-affiliate reported.
3. Ace and the boy both made it outside safely. Now Ace is being hailed as a hero.
Lamb’s mother, Lindsay Bernard, called the event “amazing, because if [Ace] wouldn’t have been there, he probably wouldn’t have even woke up.”
The cause of the fire remains under investigation.
- More than 90 people have died in Indonesia's earthquake, officials say. Thousands of rescuers are being deployed to the hit area.
- Fake news fools most Americans who read it — and Facebook is a major source, a BuzzFeed News survey has found 📰❌
- A refrigerator is being eyed as the possible origin of the fire at an Oakland warehouse party that killed 36 people, a law enforcement official said.
- An adorable 3-year-old boy proudly covered his kitchen with carrots in the greatest carrot heist of all time 😂👏