4. “A trip to Ethiopia showed me some wonderful women, far away from our modern world and trends. This was the moment when I realized that beauty is everywhere and I could show this to all the world.”
Omo Valley, Ethiopia
12. Mihaela hopes to continue her ambitious project and plans to travel to even more countries in the future.
“I want to publish the first edition of the ‘Atlas of Beauty’ after I make another journey,” she said. “I need more images and more diversity to show that we live in an amazing world.”
Mihaela is starting another round of fundraising for her next wing of the “Atlas of Beauty” project. She has a Crowd Funding page where people can contribute to the project, but this time around contributors can choose her upcoming destinations based on a voting system.
- The Trump administration is rolling back an Obama-era policy aimed at protecting transgender students in public schools.
- An off-duty Los Angeles police officer was caught on cellphone video firing at least one shot during a confrontation with several teens.
- Facebook is in negotiations with the Major League Baseball League to possibly stream one game per week during the 2017 season.