1. This is Wisdom, and at an estimated 66 years old, she’s the world’s oldest known seabird that is still breeding.
2. Laysan albatross returned to the Midway Atoll refuge about 1,200 miles northwest of Honolulu, Hawaii, in December to, as she has done for six decades, lay an egg.
5. Laysan albatrosses typically mate for life, but since Wisdom is so old, she has likely had more than one mate, raising as many as 36 chicks, according to refuge observers.
7. “Wisdom continues to inspire people around the world. She has returned home to Midway Atoll for over six decades and raised at least 30 to 35 chicks,” Bob Peyton, USFWS project leader for Midway Atoll Refuge and Memorial, said in a statement.
8. Congrats, Wisdom. We salute you.
9. And good luck, little chick!
- The Trump administration wants to send immigrants caught at the southern US border to Mexico even if they're not from the country.
- An off-duty Los Angeles police officer was caught on cellphone video firing at least one shot during a confrontation with several teens.
- Police arrested at least 10 people on Wednesday as they began clearing out protester camps at the Dakota Access Pipeline site.
- A couple recently celebrated their engagement with a "La La Land" inspired photo shoot, and it's pretty cute 💍📷