Fast-food workers went on strike worldwide Thursday, walking off the job for one day to picket outside their restaurants and demand higher wages.
In the United States, workers demanded $15 a hour for their labor, as well as the right to unionize. Several major fast food chains were targeted, including McDonald’s, Wendy’s, KFC, and Burger King. Activists claim there were protests in 150 cities in the United States, as well as 80 cities internationally.
But in some cases, things got weird.
3. And tied up a Ronald McDonald.
4. Then there was this Ronald McDonald in Hong Kong standing off in the corner. Watching.
5. And don’t forget this floaty, ghosty looking Ronald McDonald in Orlando.
6. Tokyo’s Ronald McDonald masks had stars for eyes and a singular tear drop.
The protests also made it to Pakistan, where there did not appear to be a frightening clown.
- Former Secretary of State Colin Powell said he's voting for Hillary Clinton, joining a growing list of top-ranking Republicans who are breaking rank.
- Apple's annual sales have fallen for the first time in 15 years... but the company still makes $100M every day 🍎📉
- The New York Giants have released kicker Josh Brown after he admitted to abusing his wife in his journal.
- The first Gilmore Girls trailer is finally here and it looks like Luke and Lorelai are together 💛☕️