Fast-food workers went on strike worldwide Thursday, walking off the job for one day to picket outside their restaurants and demand higher wages.
In the United States, workers demanded $15 a hour for their labor, as well as the right to unionize. Several major fast food chains were targeted, including McDonald’s, Wendy’s, KFC, and Burger King. Activists claim there were protests in 150 cities in the United States, as well as 80 cities internationally.
But in some cases, things got weird.
3. And tied up a Ronald McDonald.
4. Then there was this Ronald McDonald in Hong Kong standing off in the corner. Watching.
5. And don’t forget this floaty, ghosty looking Ronald McDonald in Orlando.
6. Tokyo’s Ronald McDonald masks had stars for eyes and a singular tear drop.
The protests also made it to Pakistan, where there did not appear to be a frightening clown.
- From water jugs and dehydrated food, to faraday cages and unregistered vehicles, liberals are prepping for Trump's presidency.
- Federal agencies have put on a fireworks finale for the Obama administration, suing JP Morgan, Oracle, Fiat Chrysler, and Navient.
- Former Georgia Gov. Sonny Perdue will be nominated as Trump's secretary of agriculture, the final cabinet position to be selected.
- Been wondering why your friends now look like weird glamorous cartoons? This Chinese selfie app is why. Say cheese 📸