Fast-food workers went on strike worldwide Thursday, walking off the job for one day to picket outside their restaurants and demand higher wages.
In the United States, workers demanded $15 a hour for their labor, as well as the right to unionize. Several major fast food chains were targeted, including McDonald’s, Wendy’s, KFC, and Burger King. Activists claim there were protests in 150 cities in the United States, as well as 80 cities internationally.
But in some cases, things got weird.
3. And tied up a Ronald McDonald.
4. Then there was this Ronald McDonald in Hong Kong standing off in the corner. Watching.
5. And don’t forget this floaty, ghosty looking Ronald McDonald in Orlando.
6. Tokyo’s Ronald McDonald masks had stars for eyes and a singular tear drop.
The protests also made it to Pakistan, where there did not appear to be a frightening clown.
- Canada's Conservatives voted to get rid of a party policy opposing gay marriage 🇨🇦
- Dozens were arrested at a Trump rally in San Diego as protesters clashed with supporters. Trump thanked police for "handling the thugs."
- The World Health Organization has dismissed calls to postpone or cancel this summer's Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro because of the Zika virus.